Trust and Estate Administration Attorney Advises Trustees
Florida lawyer assists with the probate process
The Law Offices of Larry F. Witte, P.A. provides guidance to individuals named as trustees or as executors of estates in Broward County and across Florida. We help ensure that you successfully uphold your fiduciary duties.
Trust administration requires careful attention to each detail of the grantor’s wishes. Our law office assists clients with the administration of a wide variety of trusts, including:
- Credit shelter trusts (CST)
- Incentive trusts
- Living trusts
- Generation-skipping trusts
- QTIP trusts
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts
Meticulous administrative services
We have the extensive experience in all duties expected of a trust administrator, including:
- Investment of assets
- Management of assets
- Preparation of accountings
- Preparation of tax returns
- Distributions to beneficiaries
A trustee can be personally liable for mistakes or omissions that result in losses for the trust. We offer sound advice to trustees to ensure accurate and complete compliance with all aspects of trust administration. If you have been named a trustee, we strongly recommend that you retain professional assistance from a trustworthy source.
We can guide you through all aspects of probate and estate administration, including:
- Filing the will with the Florida probate court
- Developing the best strategy for fairly and expeditiously probating the estate
- Finding and collecting assets
- Closing and opening bank accounts
- Transferring assets from the deceased to the estate
- Paying estate taxes
- Valuing, managing, preserving and liquidating the estate
- Locating beneficiaries
- Hiring experts, when appropriate
Valuing and managing the estate
Our office can assist executors with the arduous process of collecting, managing, valuing, protecting and liquidating the assets of the estate. When appropriate, we call upon accountants, financial advisors, real estate agents, property managers and other professionals to assist with executor duties. We can access expert opinions about unique assets such as antiques, rare books, automobiles and other collectibles for accurate valuation, management and possible sale.
Contact a thorough estate and trust administration lawyer
The Law Offices of Larry F. Witte, P.A. serves clients in and throughout Florida. Call 954-919-2438 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.